Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hi, fashion!


Fashion and I go back.  Way back.  All the way back to college.  Originally I set my sights on being a fashion designer; something about wanting to be the next Coco Chanel.  I wore skirts, dresses, and hats almost religiously.  My coat and handbag collection was crazy!  There was one small detail.  I cannot sew.  I hate sewing.  Love fabric and design and drawing, but all of the shirts I sewed in my classes were absolutely terrible.  And heart wrenching.  Perhaps I get impatient in a way that I don't with my photography.  In any event, I obviously did not become a designer, but ended up on the other side of the camera as a photographer.

Spokane, in the past, has not had much of a fashion scene, but that is slowly changing.  This is a natural fit and a bit exciting for me.  There is something very different about shooting a model who is comfortable in front of the camera and has a box of poses that can be drawn from.  It is also eye opening to be able to direct a model and have them move into position with clear confidence; they move like water.  I love the clothing, the style, the hair, the makeup...I get all excited and begin salivating just thinking of it. 

I hope to do more of the fashion photography, and there is a fashion show I will be shooting next month....It is intriguing, though I see continuing my commercial work for large clients;  It just makes sense and I love my clients!  Never knowing what I will be shooting or where I may go, or who I may see, is a big draw of the job for me.  I like all of the current challenges and projects that are lining up on the calendar this year...always something different!  So....Hi, Fashion!  Perhaps I will become more "High Fashion" myself!

Be stylee!  Be awesome!


1 comment:

  1. I love your fashion photography. I don't know a lot about fashion but I enjoy it. I love looking at the different kinds of clothes and shoes and stuff.

    Weird though since I'm a guy but whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete